Software >> MT4 Trading Simulator Pro
MT4 Trading Simulator Pro
Practice and improve your Forex trading skills with MT4 Trading Simulator Pro!
Although live trading is the best way to learn trading, it can take months or even years. Using this Forex simulator you can do it within hours.
No more waiting for certain market conditions or price movements.
No more having to watch the charts all day long.
With MT4 Trading Simulator Pro you can simply choose any date in the past and replay the market starting from that day.
Try it now for free - download a free demo!
MT4 Trading Simulator Pro uses the built-in Metatrader 4 Strategy Tester to simulate Forex manual trading in the past. This brings a lot of benefits:
- You can choose any instrument, timeframe and range of time for your simulation
- You can use all standard and most custom MT4 indicators
- You can use MT4 templates
- You can slow down, speed up or pause your simulation at any time
- You have access to balance/equity graph as well as to trade history
- You can save your trading results as HTML report
- Simulation speed adjustment
- Market and pending orders
- Stop Losses and Take Profits
- Visual modification and placing of orders
- Automatic and manual break-even
- Trailing Stops
- Partial order closing
- Pip size adjustment
- Adjustable colors and window position
- Line showing average position price
- Profit/Loss displayed in pips or in money
- OCO pending orders
- Simulation on multiple timeframes
- New! Risk-based position sizing
Current version is: 1.35
- Find the correct location of your MQL4 folder by going to File -> Open Data Folder.
- Copy the downloaded MT4 Trading Simulator Pro.ex4 file into MQL4\Experts and restart Metatrader.
- Make sure that Allow DLL imports is enabled in Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors.
How to launch it
- Open Metatrader's built-in Strategy Tester (Ctrl+R or View->Strategy Tester).
- Select MT4 Trading Simulator Pro from the list of available Expert Advisors.
- Select any suitable Symbol and Period.
- Select Every tick mode from the Model list. Although other modes will also work, it is recommended to use Every tick mode.
- Enable Use date and Visual mode. Disable Optimization.
- Choose your preferred time range for simulation.
- It is recommended to set the speed slider to the maximum and keep it like that. You will be able to adjust the speed of simulation or pause it at any time using the simulator's speed control.
- You can optionally change program's properties in Expert properties window.
Important: if you bought the full version, you have to enter e-mail address that was used to buy the program as well as your activation code in Expert properties as shown below. It is required to activate the product. Activation requires Internet connection, so please make sure your computer is connected every time you start the simulation.
When e-mail or code is not entered, program will work in demo mode.
- Press Start and start trading!
How to use it
Updates are free. All you have to do is to download and install a new version. Your activation code will still work with new versions.
Current version is: 1.35 (Download)
MT4 Trading Simulator Pro is bound to your Metatrader's account number. One license allows to activate the program on 10 different MT4 accounts. These accounts can be both demo and real.
If you ever exceed your activations limit, you can always clear your activations or contact us.
End-User License Agreement
- Windows OS
- Installed Metatrader 4
- Internet connection
Payment for MT4 Trading Simulator Pro is a one-time payment and we will never charge you again.
Payments are processed by PayPal, but you do not need to have a PayPal account. It will also accept most credit and debit cards.
- After hitting Buy Now button you will be redirected to PayPal to make the payment. PayPal is responsible for handling your transaction and storing your personal details. Soft4FX does not store any credit card numbers or other personal details, except your e-mail address.
- When payment is completed, the system will immediately send you an e-mail with your activation code. It will be sent to e-mail address entered while making payment, so please make sure you enter a valid e-mail address on PayPal.
- If you do not receive any e-mail from us within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder, use our activation code recovery tool or contact us.
Download free demo
Demo version has all features of full version, except it is limited to making only 5 trades per simulation.
Buy full version
Payments are processed by PayPal. Most credit and debit cards are accepted.
Buy MT4 Trading Simulator Pro: 49 USD
Depending on indicators you are going to use and on your computer speed, the simulator may or may not work fast enough for you. We strongly suggest to test the demo version of the simulator with your favourite indicators before buying it. Read more about known problems with custom indicators and possible solutions in Troubleshooting section.
MT4 Trading Simulator Pro is not a standalone application. It is an add-on for Metatrader 4, so you need to have Metatrader 4 platform installed in your system.
Demo version has all the features of full version, except it is limited to making only 5 trades per simulation.
Since MT4 Trading Simulator Pro works as an Expert Advisor (EA), it uses the same historical data as any other EA in your Metatrader. It means that the length of the simulation is limited by the amount of data stored in your MT4. Moreover, there is no tick-by-tick data by default. The most precise timeframe available in MT4 is 1-minute. If this is not enough for you, below we present several ways of getting more historical data.
It is a good thing to work on a separate demo account so as not to destroy or mix existing historical data. It is especially important when dealing with any third party data.
- First of all check how much data can be downloaded from your broker. You can do it by scrolling your charts to the beginning. This method is described in tips & tricks.
- If your account is a Metaquotes account, you can use the Download button in Tools -> History Center as described in tips & tricks. You may be forced to click the button a few times as downloading may freeze from time to time. Please note that using this button with a non-Metaquotes account can lead to mixing the data and having very bad results.
- Tickstory offers both free and paid version of software that helps you download tick data from Dukascopy, which is considered to be one of the best free data feeds. It also helps you export the data to Metatrader.
- FXDD offers lots of free 1-minute data. However, you will need to create data for all higher timeframes yourself basing on M1 data. This can be done with the standard Metatrader's Period Converter script or other similar tools.
- Birt's Tick Data Suite allows you to use tick data and variable spread in your MT4 backtesting to obtain better accuracy and 99% modeling quality. It is not a source of historical data, but it can be used along with any other tick data source to conduct tick-by-tick backtesting and simulation.