How to update
Updating the software is free of charge.
- Added support for local time zones. You can now select your own time zone when starting the simulation.
- Faster downloads in Data Center.
- It is now possible to add or change comments on closed trades.
- Added new data source - HistData.com: 40+ Forex pairs, Dollar Index (UDXUSD), gold and silver.
- Added new instrument from Dukascopy: US Dollar Index (DXY).
- Data Center: Access to tick data in demo mode becomes limited to 2 years.
- Fiexd problem with disabled SL checkbox in Visual Mode after deactivating it in normal mode.
- Fixed: error in calculation of required margin. When trying to open consecutive trades (second, third, ...) the simulator used to reject them based on incorrect calculation.
- Added Bitcoin (BTCUSD) and Etherum (ETHUSD) from Dukascopy.
- 'Next Bar' and 'Prev. Bar' buttons can now work in two modes: Bar Open and Bar Close. It is now possible to move to the end of bar, not only to the beginning of the next one.
- New improved login window.
- Added support for 27 new currency pairs from Dukascopy.
- Custom leverages. Now you can set any leverage from 1 to 1000.
- Improved visual appearance on high DPI screens. Forex Simulator now supports custom scaling for displays in Windows.
- Exporting statistics to Excel.
- Displaying total position price and volume on the chart (separately for buy trades and sell trades).
- Added to Visual Mode: displaying Risk-to-Reward ratio and changing default SL, TP and entry distances.
- Partial close by entering percentage of trade size.
- Equity/balance graph is now included when exporting the simulation to MT4 report.
- Fixed: bankruptcy problem when going over $21,000,000.
- Fixed problems with incorrect displaying of text inside windows and buttons in some countries.
- Fixed problems with Japanese symbols in Windows usernames.
- It is now possible to rewind (step back bar by bar) a simulation which has ended or bankrupted.
- Fixed issues with displaying trades occurring after applying templates to the chart.
- New Sessions window for displaying opening and closing times of major trading sessions: New York, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
- You can now simulate broker's commissions. Commission per lot can be set when starting the simulation.
- Maximum drawdown of each trade is displayed on the list of closed trades.
- You can now restore last used settings in the New Simulation window.
- More leverage settings: 1:10, 1:20, 1:50, 1:100, 1:200, 1:500 and 1:1000
- Setting the number of bars/candles for each created chart (from 1,000 to 200,000 bars)
- Displaying trade duration on the list of closed trades
- Adding comments to trades
- SL and TP can now be set as price level as well as in pips. You can also display them in these two ways on the list of trades.
- You can now place pending orders by entering price level instead of setting distance in pips.
- Finished simulations can now be saved, too. It allows you to review them at a later time.
- Fixed: problems with using/importing some instruments from MT4. The simulator was not able to load instruments that have no digits after the decimal point.
- You can change the order of Buy and Sell buttons, so you can place them in the same way as in Metatrader. This can be set when starting the simulator, in the same window where you enter your e-mail and activation code.
- Fixed: incorrect calculation of floating equity (unrealized profit/loss). Problem appeared after opening several trades with different sizes.
- Fixed: problem with invalid candles when importing data from Metatrader
- Fixed: problems when using non-default display scaling on Windows
- Width of main window can now be increased to allow faster access to tabs
- You can copy chart objects (trendlines, labels, etc.) to all charts with just one click
- Automatic pause on certain events: SL, TP, execution of pending order, reaching a defined price level
- Added Order templates
- Importing historical data from the broker (Metatrader). Read more about using broker's data.
- Exporting trade history to Excel.
- Ability to preset Trailing Stop and Auto B/E for all subsequent trades.
- Keeping original SL prices in trade history.
- Ability to use negative values for Trailing Stop and Auto B/E.
- Fixed: incorrect calculation of profit/loss for partial closing
- Fixed: incorrect displaying of high timeframe charts (e.g. monthly, weekly) - mirror effect.
- Optimized Data Center - faster downloads of historical data and economic calendar.
- Fixed: problems with loading simulations saved on weekend.
- Bunch downloads of tick data: selecting many instruments for download instead of just one.
- Added: Hotkeys
- Enhanced saving/loading: restoring charts with all attached indicators and objects, restoring all settings.
- Fixed: problem with non-English characters in folder paths
- Including statistics in HTML reports
- Fixed: graphics problems on Ultra HD screens
- Rewinding the simulation (going back candle-by-candle on each chart)
- Fixed: downloading data from TrueFX (problems due to changes on their website)
- Additional chart navigation in main window
- Added: monthly timeframe
- Fixed: problem with disappearing windows
- Fixed: problems with connecting to Metatrader
- Fixed: problem with downloading economic calendar
- Fixed: precision of real-time mode
- Added real-time speed mode
- Added exporting to HTML reports (MT4 statements)
- Fixed: slow memory leak when downloading large portions of data from Dukascopy
- Fixed: errors while downloading certain portions of data from TrueFX
- Added: possibility to hide historical (closed) trades from charts
- Added: more instruments from Dukascopy (stock indexes and oil)
- Added: New York Close charts
- Improved on-chart labels: selecting corner and minimizing
- Fixed: problem with downloading economic calendar
- Added: option to see more history on newly opened charts
- Fixed: bug with OCO
- Added: download from backup location for economic calendar
- Added: TrueFX as historical data provider
- Added: currency filter to News window
- Fixed: problem with visual trading on undocked charts